Actually, yes. We CAN believe it. Here's why.
- These folks trust Whole Foods because of the customers it attracts. They know they will be comfortable there; they want to be around people like themselves.
- And, they may not know much about who they might find in any of the "cool clubs".
And thereby, you have also been "curating customers"! You see, it's your customers – not just your merchandise – that really make your stores "special".
And these folks - your "best customers" - might like to hang out with each other when they are NOT shopping.
- This is your opportunity to engage in real life(or IRL, as they say) with those who care about your merchandise - and what it represents - the same way you do.
- Make your stores more than a great place to shop. (Remember, there is the internet, after all.)
- What experience can you offer that will make your stores the place to be for folks like your very best customers? (They're what really make your stores "special." And don't they love to hear that about themselves?!)